Monday, March 30, 2015

Reposts done; now returning to posting only new blog posts

I have completed all the reposts now and will resume my usual posting of new blogs approximately once every week.

I will also post a new table of context soon so it is easy to find old posts, especially since they're buried under a hundred and fifty old posts. This will be organized according to subject matter so it is easier to find than the chronological order automatically available by blogposts or their author tags. Many of these posts were not intended to be time sensitive so they are just as relevant now as when I posted them. I may also revise the style and take advantage of the different option they provide as well after experimenting a little.

Old posts have included the comments from Open Salon, which have been much more common than ones here so far. However due to technical aspects of Open Salon, when accounts were deleted all posts and comments disappeared, so some of the conversations may be one sided. Also they allowed people to change their names and they automatically changed with the comments so there are some examples where comments address a specific person and it appears to be addressed to another although few people used this option.

I also reposted a few posts from other bloggers with citations for the original blogger either with permission or under fair use. I knew the people that wrote them originally and they intended them to be public so I doubt if they would object, but if I'm mistaken and they contact me then I will change that. They're unlikely to get much attention here for now but at least they won't be lost.

Since I posted so many reposts so fast some of my recent posts were buried and they don't seem to have gotten as much traffic as a result of that. If anyone is interested the following are some of the most recent, including some that I think are quite good.

Saving Project Vote Smart and improving it or replacing it

The threat to police is greatly exaggerated

Wal-Mart Crime report February 2015

A Brief History of Cops Convicted of Murder

Jill Stein addressed many issues in 2012; “viable” candidates didn’t!! 2016??

(For more information on Blog see Blog description and table of context for most older posts.)




No comments:

Post a Comment